AN INSTITUTE FOR LEADERSHIP
Helping Religious and Clergy to Address Addictions and Compulsive Behaviors
This three-day workshop is offered for diocesan leadership and leadership of men’s and women’s religious communities, including vocation/formation staff and nursing/health leaders who are responsible for personnel and ministry issues and health care policies and services. The sessions are designed to promote knowledge and understanding of addiction and other compulsive behaviors and to teach skills for helping community members who may be suffering from such conditions.
Each day, miracles of healing and hope are evidenced at Guest House as clergy, religious, and seminarians experience personal and vocational renewal as a result of high-quality treatment and the principles found in the 12-Steps of recovery. This workshop affords those engaged in Church leadership an opportunity to learn more about Guest House programming for women and men living with addictive disorders and behavioral health concerns.
• Promote the understanding of the nature of addiction and behavioral health concerns
• Focus on the unique issues of addiction in the lives of Catholic clergy and religious (both women and men), from intervention to re-integration
• Provide evidence-based data on the addictive and recovery processes
• Offer a confidential forum for leaders to discuss concerns related to wellness and recovery for their community members, parishes, and ministry settings
• Give confidential assistance in preparing policies related to wellness and recovery
Workshop registration of $249 includes all presentations, meals, and two nights lodging (June 27 & 28) at the Holiday Inn Express. Guest House will book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express and provide you with your hotel confirmation number one week prior to the workshop start date.
Commuter rate of $99 available for those not needing overnight accommodation.
The workshop will be held in the Scripps Mansion on the Guest House campus.
Guest House Address:
1601 Joslyn Rd.
Lake Orion, MI 48360
Hotel Address (Located 5 miles from our campus)
Holiday Inn Express
3990 Baldwin Auburn Hills, MI 48326
To ensure lodging, registration must be received by June 6th. Registration is available online by visiting guesthouse.org/events/upcoming-events/ or completing the registration form.
Recommended Airport(s) and Transportation Service:
The Detroit International Airport (DTW) and the Flint Bishop International Airport (FNT) are the closest airports. Guest House will provide transportation to and from the airport upon request and to and from Holiday Inn Express and Guest House during the workshop days.