Guest House is North America’s founding behavioral health and addiction program for Catholic clergy and religious. Since 1956, we’ve provided personalized clinical treatment with a spiritual emphasis. Our goal is focused: To successfully return men and women to their mission. Our accredited full time clinical staff provides these services at our tranquil, private residential facilities.
To provide such important treatment, education and recovery to more than 8,000 clients since our inception, we’ve constantly sought out new and innovative ways to treat, reach, educate, serve and follow-up with our clients. As part of our mission to the Church, we have recognized that the valuable information compiled in our field is crucial to all servants of the Church, and all advocates of education, prevention, intervention, treatment and lifelong sobriety, including:
- Key decision makers within Orders and Dioceses
- Hospitals, health systems and other agencies who provide behavioral health services
- Therapists, social workers and others who must maintain Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Our alumni and alumnae
- Family members
- Our dedicated staff
- Teachers and educators
- I’m pleased to tell you of a significant new Guest House initiative.
Education is a critical part of awareness for the many and varied audiences we serve. Debuting in April, 2013 is a Guest House and NCCA (National Catholic Council on Addictions) comprehensive e-learning educational library. Offerings are made possible through an affiliation with Essential Learning, LLC., a corporation that offers online learning, staff compliance training and continuing education for behavioral health, mental health, addiction treatment, community health, developmental disability, community action and child welfare organizations. The cost for users runs from $8.00 for some individual courses to a high of $99.00 for a series of online lessons.
- Available exclusively on-line via www.guesthouse.org/education
- Catalogue incorporates nearly 500 course selections
- More than 800 training hours available using the most contemporary digital techniques
- No other Catholic addiction treatment facility has such extensive content available to you
- Library is designed for everyone from Church leadership through medical and addiction treatment professionals; CEU units are available
- Courses from adolescents to aging; ethics, risk management and leadership techniques
As always, thanks to so many of you for your ongoing support of Guest House and NCCA in our critical endeavors. Whether we are providing Catholic clergy and religious addiction treatment and prevention, education or recovery, always remember, “Guest House Heals!” Find out more and follow our Blog at guesthouse.org.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Guest House, Inc.
248-391-4445 ext. 1228