The world’s first and most successful treatment and recovery program for Catholic clergy and religious.
Our Mission: providing the information, education, treatment and care needed to overcome alcoholism, addictions and other behavioral health conditions. Guest House has been serving the Catholic Church for more than 60 years.
Contact us at 800-626-6910
1601 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360
“We were living a living death. When all of the rationalizations and the excuses broke down, we reached the very heart and the depth of the spirit of Guest House, which is love.’’
– Father Phillip, graduate of the Guest House Men’s program
“A wise person once said ‘When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. At Guest House, I was blessed with skilled, compassionate teachers.’’
– Sister Ernestine, graduate of the Guest House Women’s program
“Somehow I knew that he knew what to do… Whatever it was inside this man’s soul that he had, I wanted. And I knew when our brief interview was over that he knew and understood me,’’
– Father Joseph, graduate of the Guest House Men’s program
“I had an awakening moment at Guest House. I looked at the beautiful grounds, internalized what my counselor had been saying, replayed in my mind what I had heard other people say at the meetings and decided ‘Yes, God! That is the life I want.’’’
– Sister James Ann, graduate of the Guest House Women’s program
Why Guest House?
- Catholic Priests
- Catholic Deacons
- Men Religious/Brothers
- Women Religious
We Evaluate for and Treat
- Substance Use Disorders – alcohol, other drugs, prescription medication (if necessary, medically-responsible withdrawal from substances)
- Process Addictions – spending, gambling/gaming, cluttering, hoarding, internet, credit card
- Compulsive Overeating
- Co-occurring Mental, Physical or Medical Disorders
- Mental Health Concerns in Women Religious (not related to substance use disorders or process addictions) – mood disorders, anxiety, relational difficulties, OCD
What Makes Us Special
- Intervention Assistance
- Individualized and Holistic Treatment – including strong spiritual component
- Twelve-Step Recovery
- Ministry Re-entry
- Continuing Care
Recovery is Possible
Some wonder how God’s ordained and consecrated could be in need of such services. The individuals who serve God and the Church are people first, and they are vulnerable to illness and disease in the same way any other person is. (Addiction is a disease of the brain.) This truth has been the impetus of the mission and ministry of Guest House since 1956.
We welcome these individuals warmly and are committed to walking with them on their recovery journey.
Men's Treatment Program
More than 60 years (since 1956) of saving lives and saving the
vocations of more than 6,500 clergy and men religious
Women's Treatment Program
We are celebrating 25 years (since 1994) of saving lives and
vocations of more than 600 women religious
About Guest House, Inc.
From the Guest House Blog
LAKE ORION, Michigan – Guest House, the world’s first and most successful residential treatment and recovery provider for Catholic clergy and religious, is bringing the October 24 Detroit Bishop’s Dinner to Henry Ford’s Lovett Hall beginning with Archbishop Allen...
LAKE ORION, Michigan – Deacon Chris Stark, Guest House outreach director, has completed clinical interventionist training to better consult and serve Catholic Bishops and leadership on matters related to addictions and recovery. Guest House, the world’s first and most...
One of the challenges of being a Christian is to see the face of Jesus in others. Today, may the light of Jesus take away any blindness so that we can recognize the face of Jesus in everyone we meet.