Thank you for your interest in applying to Guest House.
Special Events Manager
The Special Events Manager is a professional, key member of the development team. He/she contributes to the overall goals and objectives of the department with a concentrated focus on raising funds through special events. They must be well-organized, detail oriented and have the ability to engage with donors while focusing on being flexible and adaptable. This is a high energy position with weekday, weekend, late night, and early morning responsibilities.
- Responsible for all Guest House special events demonstrating continued growth
- Prepare regular financial reports on progress, actual vs budget, etc
- Develop proactive funding strategies for attracting new donors, cultivating current donors, etc
- Must have ability to work in team-based environment
- Must have excellent project management skills
- Knowledge and experience in working with nonprofit funding database systems
- Must be well organized and have excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must have experience working with professional volunteers and committees
- Experience as a proactive team leader
- Excellent skills in forecasting and planning special event growth
- Responsible for all electronic giving and social media promotions
- Must have experience raising gifts of $10,000 and above
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years’ experience
- Management experience and ability to lead committees
- Ability to work long hours when necessary – weekends – and travel as needed
- Ability to motivate others
- Must be able to engage with potential donors
- Must have passionate commitment to the Guest House Mission
- Must have professional writing skills in fund development
- Graphic Design background a plus!
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
Cook/Food Service Worker
Division: Support Services
Reports To: Lead Cook
POSITION SUMMARY – Cook
Responsible for preparation of breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, based on work schedule and in compliance with Department of Health Licensing Standards.
- Maintain licensing standards of sanitation in food handling and in work area
- Assist in preparation of meats, vegetables, pastries, etc., using standard recipes
- Assist in care and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- May include duties of Food Service Worker job description
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
High school diploma; one (1) year of commercial cooking experience essential. Ability to estimate food quantities in preparing meals. Bi-lingual desirable. Essential duties of the job include the following physical demands; standing, walking stooping, bending, lifting and carrying. In addition to cooking, must be able to perform the duties of the Food Service Worker job description listed below
- Monitor portion sizes of meal components served to clients to ensure meals are nutritionally adequate
- Knowledge of nutrient sources and their contribution to foods served
- Use food labels or manufacturer’s information sheets to determine nutrient content of food
- Adapt food preparation methods that reduce fat, salt and sugar
POSITION SUMMARY – Food Service Worker
In compliance with licensing standards, perform a variety of tasks in the kitchen and dining area.
- Table setting and clearing
- Serving of daily meals to clients
- Responsible for sanitary handling of dishes, equipment, and food
- Perform food preparation tasks as assigned by the Cook on duty
- Perform such other cleaning, or maintenance duties within the Dietary Department as assigned
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
High School Diploma. Ability to operate kitchen equipment and follow sanitary dietary procedures. Essential duties of the job include the following physical demands; standing, walking, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying.
- Effectively listen and respond to client needs
- Maintains a healthy and safe kitchen, dining room and work environment
- Knowledgeable of chemical safety and identification through use of Safety Data Sheets
To inquire about any position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Guest House, Inc.