Thank you for your interest in applying to Guest House.
To inquire about any position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Guest House, Inc.
Reports to President/CEO
Responsible for maintaining an atmosphere which contributes to the spiritual wellbeing of our clients, guests, leadership, and all members of the Guest House staff.
- Assist leadership and staff to appreciate that our service at Guest House is a continuation of the healing ministry of Jesus Christ
- Oversee and provide direction for the interior and exterior spiritual ambience of Guest House
- Provide religious services for special occasions on the Guest House campus
- Conduct or oversee spiritual retreats for staff
- Participate in alumni events
- Conduct client spirituality assessments
- Conduct weekly spirituality group for both men’s and women’s treatment centers
- Available for spiritual direction and guidance for clients and staff
- Available to celebrate Mass for clients and staff
- Serve as an advisor/consultant to all departments in matters pertaining to the Catholic Church – related activities, programs, and all matters Catholic
- Provide or oversee programs contributing to the spiritual wellbeing of our benefactors
- Assist in the cultivation of new benefactors and help encourage present benefactors in their sharing in our ministry
- Serve as an advisor/consultant to marketing in matters pertaining to publications and the Guest House website assuring that our Catholic identity is obvious
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Must be able to handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion and to interact comfortably with clients, guests, leadership, staff, donors, prospects, and friends at all levels
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with diverse groups of people
- Ability to be compassionate and caring while leading
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to handle multiple projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, while also able to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the Mission of Guest House
- If relevant, must demonstrate a minimum of 2 years in recovery
- Must be a priest in good standing in the Catholic Church
Development Services Manager
Reports to Director of Development
The Development Services Manager is responsible for the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of development services and donor relations to grow an effective annual giving program and supporting database.
The manager will administer and oversee multiple direct mail projects and also oversee; data cleansing and manipulation, statistical reporting and analysis, mailing list management, and donor/prospect research and relationship management. He/she develops a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving: direct mail, telephone-fundraising, online fundraising, donor database maintenance and appeal segmentation, annual donor benefit planning and fulfillment, gift processing and financial reports. The manager will also be responsible for foundation and grant writing, researching new corporate giving opportunities, all foundation prospects and growing gifts for corporate and foundation as it relates to the development master plan. Responsible for all other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Development. The manager works closely with the Special Events Manager and all supporting staff members.
- Responsible for planning and implementing multiple direct mail appeals annually, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal to strategically incorporate messaging specific to: alumni, e-campaigns, giving societies, increasing donor: acquisition, renewal, and average gift amounts
- Create compelling case for support for the Guest House annual fund program and develop a comprehensive strategy for marketing the annual fund to current and potential donors
- Work with the Director of Development to provide a clear and imaginative strategy for online communication and solicitation. Responsible for creating and implementing a program that maximizes the use of social media and internet solicitation to dramatically increase Guest House’s presence on the web, working in conjunction with the Marketing and Communications Director
- Develop and manage annual giving income/expense budget
- Analyze effectiveness and progress of annual giving results and adapt future messaging and appeals accordingly to meet yearly goals and objectives
- Regularly conduct research to identify: new donors, markets and innovative ideas to grow the annual giving program at Guest House
- Supports all special event activities, team strategy, event prep, event participation and follow up
- Manage relationships with printers, mail-fulfillment, list brokers and internal staff to meet annual giving deadlines and goals
- Manage donor stewardship and benefits implementation for the annual fund including writing donor acknowledgement letters, correspondence and recognition program
- Serve as an active prospect identifier targeting individuals for annual leadership and major giving to move donors to the next giving level
- Writer of donor newsletters and appeals
- Demonstrates ongoing growth according to annual development goals and objectives plan
- Assists Director of Development in special projects
- Develop GH community groups to assist with growth (i.e., Funeral Director’s, etc.)
- Assist in research, implementation and coordination of electronic giving sites
- Ability to recreate new systems where appropriate
- Fulfill goals and objectives defined in annual development goals and objectives plan
- Research foundation, online directories, website research, manuals, donor communication, etc.
In conjunction with Guest House IT department, oversee:
- Collection of all donor and prospect information in the CRM database (Talisma) to include supervision of all gift entries and reporting to ensure accuracy.
- Manages all on-line giving sites
- Leads department in CRM database (Talisma) reporting
- Creation of mailing lists through CRM database (Talisma)
- Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Daily operation of the CRM database (Talisma) which tracks gifts/financial and biographical information concerning donors, prospects, and friends
- Leads the department in grant/foundation writing, research and income; designs a grant matrix that compliments the development master plan goals and objectives.
- Develops a comprehensive grant tracking system for monitoring stages of: prospecting; applying for; awarded; current in operation; renewal/growth strategy, etc.
- Reports regularly on status of all grants and adheres to all deadlines
- Attends ‘announcement of grant’ opportunity meetings in community when available
Bachelor’s degree required and 3+ years of experience in direct mail, managing a database system, grant writing and experience managing donor/prospect relationships. Detail oriented, with strong organizational, analytical and project management skills. Initiative and independence in carrying out position responsibilities. Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in work projects and donor records. Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and presentation skills. Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, donor confidentiality, ethics, and dedication to the Mission of Guest House. Must be a team player. Working knowledge of fundraising database systems (i.e., Raiser’s Edge, Talisma, etc.) preferred.