Thank you for your interest in applying to Guest House.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Report To: President/CEO
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications and public relations activities, both internal and external.
- Publications: responsible for the design, production and distribution of all Guest House publications including, but not limited to: newsletters, appeals, Constant Contact email campaigns, event program books, prayer cards, brochures, booklets, stationery, banners, etc.
- Annual fund/direct mail: write copy for annual fund/direct mail campaigns
- Press releases: responsible for writing press releases (2x/month minimum), updating social media, updating electronic media (constant contact) and keeping media press reporter list current. Produce production publicity plan and timeline
- Advertising/Sponsorships: design all print ads for external communications, done in-house or with designer as needed
- Website: manage and design website content, messaging, event updates, job postings and all website inquiries
- Branding: maintain branded image of Guest House on all letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Social Media: Facebook is primary platform; Twitter and LinkedIn are additional platforms. Write original posts and create events as needed. Grow social media followers by 10% annually.
- Calendar: Create, develop and maintain a marketing and communications calendar with input from Development, Education and Outreach Departments to include dates for mailings, appeals, brochures, conferences and newsletters, etc.
- Coordinate monthly marketing/communications meeting – create agenda, take meeting minutes
- Assist chaplain with liturgical preparations – worship aids, chapel set up, etc.
- Work with chaplain to develop annual Christmas card to alumni and leadership/referents
- Coordinate and maintain organizations listing in The Official Catholic Directory
- Responsible for drafting and sending congratulatory letters from the President/CEO to newly appointed Bishops in the US and Canada
- Working knowledge and utilization of the Guest House donor database using Talisma software
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or a related field preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations or related field with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated experience in working with Roman Catholic awareness and culture, i.e. clergy, Women Religious
- Strong understanding of the workings of the Roman Catholic Church desired
- Experience working within addiction treatment field a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with leadership, department heads and be flexible to colleague input and to own product deliverables
- Project management skills – ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong creative, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management, website maintenance and social media
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Computer/Technical Skills: Displays proficiency using standard office equipment such as a computer, fax, copier and scanner. Demonstrates advance proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
Communication Skills: Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills. Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors. Uses high quality, professional oral and written sills to project a positive image of Guest House.
Judgment: Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary. Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
Special Events Manager
The Special Events Manager is a professional, key member of the development team. He/she contributes to the overall goals and objectives of the department with a concentrated focus on raising funds through special events. They must be well-organized, detail oriented and have the ability to engage with donors while focusing on being flexible and adaptable. This is a high energy position with weekday, weekend, late night, and early morning responsibilities.
- Responsible for all Guest House special events demonstrating continued growth
- Prepare regular financial reports on progress, actual vs budget, etc
- Develop proactive funding strategies for attracting new donors, cultivating current donors, etc
- Must have ability to work in team-based environment
- Must have excellent project management skills
- Knowledge and experience in working with nonprofit funding database systems
- Must be well organized and have excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must have experience working with professional volunteers and committees
- Experience as a proactive team leader
- Excellent skills in forecasting and planning special event growth
- Responsible for all electronic giving and social media promotions
- Must have experience raising gifts of $10,000 and above
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years’ experience
- Management experience and ability to lead committees
- Ability to work long hours when necessary – weekends – and travel as needed
- Ability to motivate others
- Must be able to engage with potential donors
- Must have passionate commitment to the Guest House Mission
- Must have professional writing skills in fund development
- Graphic Design background a plus!
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
To inquire about any position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Guest House, Inc.