Thank you for your interest in applying to Guest House.
To inquire about any position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Guest House, Inc.
Reports to President/CEO
The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Guest House treatment center staff and programs, for execution of the organization’s mission and vision and for identifying growth opportunities. This position is also responsible for establishing and maintaining best-practice clinical services for the population served and establishing and maintaining program plans, policies and procedures consistent with current licensure and CARF accreditation requirements.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of addiction treatment and 12-step recovery
- Master’s degree in a related social sciences field
- At least five years of senior management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of the workings of the Roman Catholic Church
- Previous work experience in a CARF or JCAHO facility desired
Reports to Director of Development
The Database Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and management of the Development Department’s donor/prospect database (Talisma) including daily gift entry, reports and mailings. This position is also responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve the fundraising database.
- Manage all donor and prospect donor research and reporting
- Create data inquiries based on statistical analysis
- Manage donor Talisma process and donor experience including check coding, posting, reporting, issuing pledge reminders and acknowledgement of all gifts within 48 hours
- Perform donor research and provide giving trend reporting
- Manage website giving
- Manage gifts via Paypal and credit card giving
- Reconcile contributions with Finance Dept.
- Team lead on Talisma trainings, inquiries, guidance and staff assistance
- Manage donor database clean up and maintenance
- Assist with donor data entry
- Assist with posting donations
- Assist with processing donor acknowledgement letters
- Assist with and participate in development dept. events
- Serve as participating development team member
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to create and deliver accurate, confidential and detailed reports on prospective donors
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- 2+ years of donor database management (Raiser’s Edge, Donor Perfect, Talisma)
- Operation of computer codes, applications and the generation of reports
- Strong understanding of nonprofit fundraising operations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Knowledge of wealth screening tools
Cook/Food Service Worker
Two cook positions available – one part-time position and one full-time position
Reports to Lead Cook
POSITION SUMMARY – Cook:
Responsible for preparation of breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, based on work schedule and in compliance with Department of Health Licensing Standards.
- Maintain licensing standards of sanitation in food handling and in work area
- Assist in preparation of meats, vegetables, pastries, etc., using standard recipes
- Assist in care and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- May include duties of Food Service Worker job description
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
High School diploma; kitchen/cooking experience essential; one (1) year commercial cooking experience necessary; estimate food quantities in preparing meals. Essential duties of the job include the following physical demands: standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting and carrying. In addition to cooking, must be able to perform the duties of the Food Service Worker job description listed below.
- Monitors portion sizes of meal components served to clients to ensure meals are nutritionally adequate
- Knowledge of nutrient sources and their contribution to foods served
- Use food labels or manufacturer’s information sheets to determine nutrient content of food
- Adapt food preparation methods that reduce fat, salt and sugar
POSITION SUMMARY – Food Service Worker:
In compliance with licensing standards, perform a variety of tasks in the kitchen and dining area.
- Table setting and clearing
- Serving of daily meals to clients
- Responsible for sanitary handling of dishes, equipment, and food
- Perform food preparation tasks as assigned by the Senior Cook
- Perform such other cleaning, or maintenance duties within the Dietary Department as assigned
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
High School Diploma; ability to operate kitchen equipment and follow sanitary dietary procedures. Essential duties of the job include the following physical demands; standing, walking, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying.
- Effectively listens and responds to customer needs
- Maintains a healthy and safe kitchen, dining room and work environment
- Knowledgeable of Chemical Safety and Identification through use of Material Safety Data Sheets and use cleaning chemicals according to label directions and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications and public relations activities, both internal and external.
- Publications: responsible for the design, production and distribution of all Guest House publications including, but not limited to: newsletters, appeals, event program books, prayer cards, brochures, booklets, stationery, banners, etc.
- Annual fund/direct mail: write copy for annual fund/direct mail campaigns
- Press releases: responsible for writing press releases (2x/month minimum), updating social media, updating electronic media (constant contact) and keeping media press reporter list current. Produce production publicity plan and timeline
- Advertising/Sponsorships: design all print ads for external communications, done in-house or with designer as needed
- Website: manage and design website content, messaging, event updates, job postings and all website inquiries
- Branding: maintain branded image of Guest House on all letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Social Media: Facebook is primary platform; Twitter and LinkedIn are additional platforms. Write original posts and create events as needed
*Coordinate monthly marketing/communications meeting – create agenda, take meeting minutes
*Assist chaplain with liturgical preparations – worship aids, chapel set up, etc.
*Work with chaplain to develop annual Christmas card to alumni and leadership/referents
*Coordinate and maintain organizations listing in The Official Catholic Directory
*Responsible for drafting and sending congratulatory letters from the President/CEO to newly appointed Bishops in the US and Canada
*Working knowledge and utilization of the Guest House donor database using Talisma software
*Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or a related field preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, communications, public relations or related field with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Strong creative, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management, website maintenance and social media
- Commitment to working with leadership and department heads
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong understanding of the workings of the Roman Catholic Church desired