Thank you for your interest in applying to Guest House.
To inquire about any position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Guest House, Inc.
Position: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Reports To: President/CEO
Develops and administers fund-raising programs as a source of revenue for the corporation. Responsible for the planning, creation, and management of a comprehensive internal/external; short and long term development program. Execute programs within set budget to achieve objectives. Collaborates closely with the Campaign Committee, Executive Committee, Development Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for meeting established fundraising objectives as set forth in annual budget process.
- Develop and oversee mechanisms to assure timely and accurate acknowledgment and record keeping of all philanthropic gifts/pledges to Guest House.
- Develop organization’s fundraising policies, priorities and goals in consultation with the President/CEO.
- Formulate development and campaign plans, procedures and budgets.
- Manage development staff and related volunteer organizations. Set and monitor short and long-range goals for staff.
- Establish and oversee mechanisms for authorizing and monitoring solicitations, including external mail vendors.
- Provide periodic development reports to the President/CEO and for Board Meetings.
- Participate actively as a member of the Leadership Team at Guest House.
- Responsible for developing and preparing promotional materials for philanthropic support of all services and programs offered.
- Provide oversight and management of an extensive database/mailing program.
- Responsible for soliciting gifts of $10,000 and higher from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Manage relationships with approximately 50 prospective donors.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects.
- Work collaboratively and in support of volunteers as well as other development and organization staff to cultivate and solicit donors for Guest House strategic priorities.
- Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Graduate Degree preferred, plus extensive experience of at least five (5) years in Development, two of which should be in a campaign or other leadership position. Experience with a major capital campaign or campaign(s) in the context of a Catholic, non-profit institution is a plus. Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five to six-figure range.
- ORGANIZATIONAL UNDERSTANDING: Understands agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one’s own group with those of the broader organization.
- CHANGE LEADERSHIP: Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
- QUALITY: Produces results or provides service that meets or exceeds Guest House standards.