Thank you for your interest in applying to Guest House.
To inquire about any position, please email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Guest House, Inc.
Special Events Manager
Division: Mission Services Office
Report To: Vice President of Development
Provide staff support in achieving annual departmental event goals and objectives for the corporation’s comprehensive internal and external, short and long-term Development programs.
1. Coordinate the corporation’s special events program. This includes production, evaluation and recordkeeping in Talisma database. Also, included is identification and development of strategies to increase participation and monetary yield from all events with particular emphasis on major sponsors.
2. Compile and prepare reports from Talisma required by Guest House.
3. Develop, train and manage volunteer base to support events and programs.
4. Assist in the development of annual strategies, programs and approaches designed to motivate and increase contribution levels so that the prospect base is broadened through the efforts of the special event category. Increase the base of Michigan and nationwide events and maintain ongoing contact with leadership of events in the U.S.
5. Maintain and develop a ratio of cost per dollar raised measurement for events to keep them within an appropriate productivity corridor following best practices, and utilizing database and accounting software.
6. Develop and cultivate major sponsorships, table sponsorships, challenges and cultivation of event donors to prepare them for eventual direct major and planned gift solicitation, as appropriate.
7. Create and manage event collateral materials (invitations, sponsor packets, promotional products and other event material).
8. Assume other development projects as assigned by the Vice President.
9. Work with development team to plan and execute donor tours and cultivation events throughout the year.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge of Development principles, with emphasis on special projects. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred with two (2) years additional work-related experience. Must have valid driver’s license. Knowledge of PC/Microsoft Office suite required. Ability to work accurately, under time pressures, with confidential information. Ability to work evenings and weekends and travel as needed.
- Computer/Technical Skills – Displays proficiency using standard office equipment such as a computer, fax, copier and scanner. Demonstrates advance proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Communication Skills – Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills. Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors. Uses high quality, professional oral and written skills to project a positive image of Guest House.
- Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary. Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
- Proactive – Demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action. Utilizes analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs.