Guest House Women's Treatment Program
A Place of Hope & Healing
Guest House’s program, located in Lake Orion, Michigan, at secure and private facilities, is licensed by the Michigan Department of Human Services and is fully accredited.
For more information please contact us:
Mary Ellen Merrick, IHM, D. Min., MAC
Executive Director Women’s Treatment Program
- We offer treatment specially designed to help women religious recover from alcoholism and other addictions. We believe that the unique nature of women in religious life requires special, personalized attention which honors not only their human dignity but their calling and commitment as well,
- Guest House will admit any sister experiencing difficulties related to:
- Substance use disorders - alcohol, other drugs or prescription medication
- Process addictions- spending, gambling, cluttering, hoarding, internet, credit card use, gaming or others
- Compulsive overeating
- Treatment is offered regardless of ability to pay.
- Through our intervention assistance program, we can help you get someone started on the road to recovery, whether it's early or late in the disease process.
- The program is designed to cut through denial and to help a sister who may think she needs it.
Graphic Illustration and Reflection
"Dynamism, color and complexity generate an upward movement from the darkness of addiction into the light of recovery. Women of diversity reach toward healing from broken hearts and torn lives in the context of supportive community, trust and interdependence. Interwoven circles of wholeness and communion illuminate the strong uplifted cross, ever present in the background, as a reminder of the agony of despair and the victory of life transformed by suffering and grace."