THE WORD OF GOD
The reading is from Matthew’s Gospel:
When they drew near Jerusalem and came to Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find an ass tethered, and a colt with her. Untie them and bring them here to me. And if anyone should say anything to you, reply, ‘The master has need of them.’ Then he will send them at once.” The disciples went and did as Jesus had ordered them.
They brought the ass and the colt and laid their cloaks over them, and he sat upon them. The very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and strewed them on the road. The crowds preceding him and those following kept crying out and saying: “Hosanna to the Son of David; blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.”
POINTS FOR REFLECTION
- A prophet is someone who speaks out on behalf of the hungry, the poor, the unhappy, and the neglected. Jesus was and will continue to be that someone for today if I allow myself to be transformed into his image.
- Do I have the courage to speak out against injustice? Do I have the courage to face my true self and know that I am loved by God?
- Do we recognize each day those who come to us in the name of the Lord?
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Blessed is the King of Israel.
Lord Jesus, thank you for coming among us
and being one like us in all things but sin.
Thank you, Lord, for giving us life.
Thank you, Lord, for giving us love.
Thank you, Lord, for giving us one another, right where we are.
Help us to be doers of the Word and wayfarers with you.
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE WEEK
- Mindful of your blessings, pray a Litany of Praise everyday during this Holy Week.
- Make a concerted effort to enter wholeheartedly into the sacredness of this week through extended periods of solitude and prayer.
- In your prayer bring to the Lord the lonely, the forgotten, and the disinterested.
- Fast from being so busy, feast on quiet silence
- Fast from problems that overwhelm, feast on prayerful trust
- Say a prayer for all the members of our Guest House community.