Guest House offers educational programs for Church and religious leadership that bring awareness of addiction and its impacts on clergy and men and women religious.
Guest House is currently in the initial phase of developing a research program that will help us understand the predictors or characteristics that may lead to addiction in the clients we serve. More to come!
Guest House Presentations
Find Guest House at other seminars, workshops and convocations:
St. Vincent de Paul Regional Seminary, Boynton Beach, Florida – March 2018
National Federation of Priests’ Councils – April 2018
Association of US Catholic Priests – June 2018
Diocese of Rockford (Illinois) – September 2018
For More Information:
To schedule an educational presentation in your area or to learn more about educational opportunities, please contact
800-626-6910, ext. 1207
As a part of our mission, Guest House offers a variety of educational workshops and other services for leadership and community members:
- Summer Leadership Conference – offered annually for diocesan and men’s religious community leadership and other individuals who advocate for the well-being of clergy and men religious; conference curriculum addresses addiction and how it impacts clergy and religious; speakers present on topics related to addiction, intervention, treatment, the ongoing-care process and the role leadership plays in addressing these issues with those men in their diocese and religious communities
- Re-Entry Visits – offered for each client; the client and our Outreach Representative meet with parish and/or religious community staff to offer education on addiction, to strengthen understanding of the treatment and recovery processes, to help clarify feelings and to assist in developing supportive conditions for recovery
Also, upon request from dioceses and religious communities, we offer consultations, workshops and retreats, convocations, clergy study days and seminary presentations.
Presentation topics include but are not limited to following subject areas:
- Addiction and Risk Management – An Overview of Addictive Disorders
- Addiction and Trauma – Explore the Relationship of Addiction and Personal Trauma
- The Impact of Addictions on Spirituality
- The Evaluation and Treatment Process
- The Role of Leadership in the Treatment Process
As part of our mission, Guest House offers a variety of educational workshops for leadership and community members:
Walking With the Wounded – a complimentary three-day workshop offered to council members, formation personnel, healthcare and other leadership personnel that promotes knowledge and understanding of addiction and compulsive behavior in women religious and teaches skills for helping a sister who may be suffering in such a situation
Circle of Care – a program for communities who have a sister in treatment and/or recovery that helps healing and understanding and provides an opportunity to address the pain, resolve unhealed issues and prepare the community to welcome the sister home with peace and joy